Use the form below to submit your resume and a brief cover letter (Hint: we love to see examples that illustrate one or more of our core values).
Level 2 Service Desk Engineer
You might be the Level 2 Service Desk Superstar we are looking for if . . .
- You get a kick out of solving those nagging issues to make the network run more smoothly.
- You are always thinking about ways to do the same things more efficiently and require less time to support.
- You have strong IT instincts informed by your general knowledge and troubleshooting experience, so you aren’t afraid to get your hands dirty with technologies and applications you haven’t seen before.
- Ideas like following best-practices methodology, implementing business-class solutions, creating detailed documentation, and implementing robust backups aren’t foreign or optional; you may have even realized your mindset on these ideas keeps you from “fitting in” in a lot of IT shops out there.
- You are your own most important audience and biggest critic; you regularly go the extra mile to get things “just right”, even when the user/client/boss may never notice.
- Teamwork is more than just a buzzword; you can’t imagine being successful at what you do without it.
- You count your victories with customer service and clearly communicating complex technical concepts just as highly as your technical successes.
- You are a consummate professional, so accountability for the quality, efficiency, and consistency of your work isn’t just tolerated but welcomed.
- You’re a rising star with the ambition to take the next step toward additional responsibilities and future leadership opportunities.
If this describes you, read on . . .
GreenLoop partners with our clients to deliver unparalleled IT consulting that aligns technology solutions with business objectives. We back our solutions with world-class service and support to provide long-term value and rock-solid reliability.
Our goal is to turn our clients into “Raving Fans” by communicating clear service expectations and then exceeding them. We partner with some of the best PSA and Managed Services Monitoring companies to ensure that our staff have the right tools to keep our clients happy.
About the Position:
This position’s primary responsibilities are to provide general remote support service to GreenLoop’s managed services clients, and to be a mid to high-level proponent for our client’s IT needs. In addition, this person will be involved in process design, implementation, and SD service oversight for both new and existing clients under the direction of the Service Desk Lead. This is not your typical “Help Desk” job. Creating efficiencies, identifying and correcting root issues, assisting and potentially leading teams, providing high levels of customer service and working with the Service Desk Lead to improve GreenLoop’s services are all part of the job. .
Technical prowess and higher-ranged IT skillsets are a must. This position routinely works on networking issues, server problems and cloud-based technologies. This is not an entry level position and it will require critical thinking skills, accountability and ownership of one’s workload.
This position is based out of our Phoenix, Arizona office. No telecommuting or relocation package is offered.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding customer service by configuring, troubleshooting and repairing all desktop, server and network issues to customer’s satisfaction while following recognized best practices methodology.
- Prioritize tickets on the Service Board and address according to client status and issue severity.
- Create and maintain client application and network documentation utilizing GreenLoop’s client documentation system.
- Maintenance of new workstations, servers and other network devices at client sites.
- Communicate with end users to determine issues and follow up once issues are resolved.
- Communicate with 3rd party vendors as needed to assist in trouble shooting various issues.
- Monitors best practices and reports potential issues and/or opportunities to the HD Manager.
- Audit backups of contract clients as assigned.
- Overflow coverage for our Field Engineering department as necessary.
- Voluntary project work is available if you are looking to increase your technical skillsets.
- Looks for ways to improve efficiency and processes to better serve our clients.
- Participate in the on-call rotation responsibilities. On-call includes extra pay during the times you are scheduled.
Requirements and Experience:
- Net+ or equivalent experience
- 3+ years as a Windows Network/Sysadmin
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a MUST
- Excellent organizational, time management, and time tracking skills
- Demonstrated attention to detailed, accurate documentation
- Professional appearance, reliable transportation and a clean driving record
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- RECENT MSP EXPERIENCE STRONGLY PREFERRED
Skills and Competencies:
- Windows Server single and multi-site environments. Ability to maintain according to Microsoft best practices.
- Exchange 2010/2013 in typically a single server messaging environment. Ability to maintain according to Microsoft best practices.
- Experience in virtualization technologies (Hyper-V, VMWare).
- Router/Firewall implementation, configuration and troubleshooting including VPN setup and VLAN routing. Supported brands include Cisco and SonicWall.
- Experience with administration and maintenance of various flavors of Office 365, including cross-platform maintenance.
- Experience with PowerShell preferred.
- Network Security including diagnostics.
- WAN and LAN design and maintenance.
- Remote Desktop Server experience.
- Understanding of RDS proxying and load-balancing design and implementation.
- Ability to quickly learn and drive the implementation and maintenance of industry specific applications, client workflow software, CRM, accounting packages, practice management software, etc. utilizing 3rd party vendors.
- Basic familiarity with Apple Mac OS.
- Backup and recovery software deployment, maintenance and recovery.
- Salary: $45K+ DOE
- cell phone re-imbursement, healthcare, vision , dental, 120hrs PTO accrual in the first year.
A career at GreenLoop will offer you challenging assignments, learning opportunities, competitive pay and benefits, and the chance to be a part of a tight knit team where your ideas will be heard and your hard work will be rewarded. Interested candidates should respond to this posting by submitting a resume and a cover letter explaining what makes you the Level 2 Service Desk Superstar we are looking for.